This will come across as sexist to some, but it’s all in good fun.
Chick flicks. That normally refers to rom coms or other movies where nothing really happens except maybe a young girl finds her one true love or some crap like that. So I’m borrowing the phrasing for chick restaurant. Here’s the ways you know:
1. The name of the place includes a woman’s name and the word Cafe.
2. There are tons of things on the menu that you can’t pronounce and nobody seems to be bothered by this.
3. There’s lots of things containing avocado and none of them are guacamole.
4. The restaurant is a located in a house.
5. The word “panini” appears anywhere on the menu.
6. You notice that the Red Hat Society has an entire section marked off for their party.
7. The word “greens” is used instead of “lettuce” or “salad.”
8. A “reduction” has absolutely nothing to do with your bill amount.
9. There a whole bunch of trinkets and things you’ve seen in old ladies’ bathrooms being sold in the lobby area.
10. An unusual amount of items on the menu containing meat are all made with turkey breast.
11. The soups are seriously considered an entree
12. You are going there because of something you saw on Pinterest (zing!)
13. You are going there based off a dessert recommendation
14. There’s a bunch of stuff made with goat cheese.
15. The only TV in the joint is playing Ellen.